Media attention for my Scottish travel blog
From time to time my Scottish travel blog and social media feeds get some media attention. On this page you’ll find some of my features:
- Barbour blog (Casper featured in Barbour’s SS18 Tartan Collection launch campaign) –https://www.barbour.com/blog/barbourdogs-spring-walks-edinburgh-casper
- The Blog – Visit Scotland: ‘Epic travel inspiration – 7 Scotland Imstagrammers you need to follow’
- The Week Junior Magazine: ‘Casper the Travelling Dog’
- Visit Dunfermline: ‘Dunfermline- with the Wee White Dug!’
- BBC News, Scotland: ‘Meet Scotland’s most well-travelled dog’
- BBC Radio Orkney ‘Around Orkney’: I gave an interview about my blog and a recent visit to Orkney.
- The Scots Magazine: #outandaboutscotland (photo of the boy at The Whangie featured)
- The Scottish Daily Record: Your country needs you – Phhase 2 of the #Scotspirit campaign and launch of the new visit Scotland online community.)
- Small city big personality: January tones in Perthshire
- 13 Instagrammers crushing Scotland right now – Matador Network, November 2015
- 14 Scottish Instagram accounts you should follow – The Scotsman, October 2015
- Five Instagram accounts that will inspire you to visit Scotland – Stories my suitcase could tell, July 2015
Visit Scotland Ambassadog campaign – 2016
In spring 2016 Visit Scotland launched a nationwide search to find an Ambassadog to represent them. The Wee White Dug beat over 200 other applicants to reach the final shortlist of 9 assorted dugs, large and small.
We withdrew from the final due to other commitments, but we were honoured to make it so far.
Here are some of the boy’s media appearances from the campaign:
- Meet the 9 dogs in the running to be Scotland’s first International Canine Ambassador – The Scottish Daily Record, May 2016
- Ambassadog finalists announced – Dogs monthly, May 2016
- One Of These Nine Adorable Dogs Will Become Scotland’s Next “Ambassadog” – Buzzfeed, May 2016
- Ambassadog finalists! – The Scots Magazine, May 2016
- Lothian pooches finalists to be Visit Scotland’s Ambassadog – The Scotsman, May 2016
- Ambassadog nominee – Casper – Visit Scotland campaign video, May 2016